Friday, October 1, 2010

第81回仮装大賞準優勝作品【スーパーマリオ】

You may recall my in depth analysis of the relative merits of the scientific study of libraries and the man behind the second greatest live action rendition of Mario in history from a few days ago

It has been brought to my attention that this masterful piece of scholarship has garnered a response

And

I'm going to level with you

I remain

Unconvinced

Now I have to admit that calling me out on being secretly infatuated with Library Science but lacking the nerve to ask her to the 8th grade dance is a pretty valid point

And honestly

It wouldn't be so bad

If I could just ask her in person

But I am a pretty loud guy

And Library Science gets spooked by anything above a low whisper

Which limits my options of communication severely

Because have you ever tried contacting Library Science

With anything of an order remotely more advanced than a 19th century telegraph

It is borderline fucking impossible

She doesn't understand how cell phones work

Or the internet

It's like she is trapped in the past

Which to be fair is part of why I am all up ons

Being perpetually stuck in the 20th century myself

It kind of makes me wish she'd take a page

From the book of Captain Lou



Because paying a buck fifty for the first minute

And thirty-five cents for every additional minute

For a chance to be RANDOMLY selected

To have a LIVE conversation with Library Science

Would probably save me like several thousand dollars

In the money equivalent of the time I've spent

Trying to ask this flighty field of study out

No comments:

Post a Comment